terça-feira, 23 de outubro de 2012

A message to the editor at m-w.com

If m-w.com allowed login I would leave this message there, as a comment to the "Me and I" video. Wonderful videos. I particulary like this one and the one about "whom". A propos this one about "Me and I": I note there's a lot of (wrong) "you and me" on pop songs. Of course Yes' song "And You and I" is correctly named. Which brings me to a point I'd love to see you cover: the possessive apostrophe. From what I gather my posts are Marius's posts, or Alves's posts. But my colleagues keep writing Marius' posts (without the additional s); as I understand it this can be done only for famous names like in Jesus' teachings. Or Yes' songs (but here we may have a plural). So, am I famous, or my colleagues are wrong? Thanks.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário